Skills Development Scotland
Throughout your time at school you’ll have to make some big decisions about your future, and that’s where Skills Development Scotland’s Careers Advisers come in.
Carol Chalmers and Gemma Cargill are based right here in the school to give you the careers support you need throughout your time with us.
Through a combination of group sessions, one-to-one interviews and drop in clinics Carol and Gemma will help you understand how your personality, interests and values are key to making the right career decisions. They can also help you understand how to develop and use your talents and skills, explore where they could take you, and identify who can help you along on your career journey. All to help you plan and manage your career.
Carol and Gemma offer a careers drop in every Tuesday and Friday Lunchtime in the careers room so pop along if you would like to speak to them. Or email email@example.com
You can also visit www.facebook.com/sdsfife/ for information on local training and job opportunities, job search hints and tips.
You can also visit My World of Work which is Scotland’s careers information and advice web service.
At school and right through to retirement, My World of Work helps you with up-to-date information, advice and tools when you need it most:
- Subject choices – understand your strengths and make better choices about your subject choices and future career
- Leaving school – find a career that interests you and understand the skills you need to get the job you want
- Exam results – straight into a job or onto further learning? Whatever your grades find help in planning your next steps
- Preparing for a job – discover Scotland’s industries, search for jobs, build your CV and practice for interviews
- Apprenticeships – why not earn as you learn? Find out what apprenticeships are available in Scotland and how they work
Get the help you need for the career you want.
My World of Work is delivered by Skills Development Scotland, the national skills body which supports the people and businesses of Scotland.
If you have left school and would like to speak to someone in your local area, phone 01592 645180 to arrange an appointment.