NPA Barista Skills
Ambition, Confidence, Happiness and Respect.
- This award will develop the knowledge, understanding and technical skills required for the role of a barista.
- Cover different types of coffees and other beverages served by a barista.
- Setting up, operating, cleaning, & closing specialist equipment.
- Learners will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills by preparing and serving different hot and cold beverages.
How can this course help you:
The award a provide progression to employment in the hospitality industry - this is a huge growing sector.
Wide potential market from employment - the popularity of coffee shops, with an average of three opening per day in the UK.
This sector employs about 160,000 baristas nationwide.
- Written/Oral evidence to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a range of coffees/beverages served by a barista.
- Practical Activities carried out under supervision in a realistic working environment.