NPA Digital Media
Ambition, Confidence, Happiness and Respect.
- The National Progression Award (NPA) in Digital Media Basics at SCQF level 4 consists of three NQ Units drawn from the framework of the National Certificate in Digital Media Computing at SCQF level 4.
- This course is for candidates who wish to develop their knowledge and skills in the acquisition of digital media such as photographs, sound clips and video recordings.
- The use and creation of digital media is increasing exponential as digitisation sweeps across the globe. Digital media skills are required from everyone but there is a growing demand for specialist skills in this area.
- Although digital media is included in a wide range of existing awards, this qualification was introduced to permit learners, in schools and colleges, to focus on the unique knowledge and skills that are required from specialists in this field.
Course Progression Pathway
NPA Digital Media level 5 and/or courses in Further Education
The course has three areas of study:
- Digital Media: Still Images
- Digital Media: Audio
- Digital Media: Video
Learners will be expected to create a portfolio of their work. The portfolio should be constructed over the period of the course with the learner contributing material to the portfolio on an on-going basis.
All activities must be completed in order to meet the assessment standards and gain overall course award.
There is no final exam
How this course can help you
Pupils will develop a range of ICT skills and the confidence and ability to explore a wide range of software including animation and movie making software.
Skills for learning, skills for life and skills for work
Computational thinking skills
Analysing and evaluating