Although the system asks for middle names please do not put these in unless you are sure your child's middle names are recorded with the school as usually they aren't.
We are pleased to announce the launch of Parentsportal.scot, a new digital service to help replace the traditional school bag run by providing direct communication to parents and carers through a growing suite of online services.
Registration for a Parents Portal customer account uses the MyGovScot (My Account) service. This is a secure and trusted service provided by the Scottish Government. Parents/carers using iPay/iPayimpact will already have a My Account username and password.
This new service will introduce information about the school and will allow you to:
- link to your child
- view school calendar
- view your child's class timetable (for pupils in secondary school)
- view your child's attendance
- complete the annual data check process electronically
- update your own as well as your child's details at any time
- access Parent Zone and MyFife
- access online school payments (iPayImpact)
- report your child’s absence from school
- view your child’s report card (where available)
- view and authorise child’s permission slips for trips, clubs etc
- view and access school social media sites and websites
This is an exciting first phase of a new initiative which enables and creates a digital relationship between parents/carers, pupils and schools.
We encourage you to register to take advantage of the benefits we hope you'll find with using this service. More information can be found here: https://www.fife.gov.uk/kb/docs/articles/education2/schools-in-fife/parentsportal.scot, including video guides and on the below
In order to match your parentsportal record to the schools to register, please check that your mygovscot account has your name as the account holder and not your child's name. Also check that your address is correct on mygovscot so it matches what the school has on file. When it asks for your child's name to link it - please ensure you only use your child's forename and surname (no middle names) and that your child's stage starts with an S for secondary.