S3-4 Early Education and Childcare
Ambition, Confidence, Happiness and Respect.
The Course (description and levels)
- Involves learning through practical experience whilst working under supervision with children within the age range of pre-birth-16 years.
- Suitable for candidates who may wish to progress onto other Higher Education Courses related to the care, learning and development of children, e.g. teacher training.
- There will also be an opportunity to take the virtual ‘real’ babies’ home for a taster session to see what it is like being a young parent.
- Many Play opportunities – making gloop/slime, arts and crafts so allows your creativity to flow.
How this course can help you
- Course content will develop knowledge and understanding of Development and Wellbeing of Children, Play in Early Learning and Childcare, and Working in Early Learning and Childcare.
- This course will support anyone who wants to be involved in working with children.
- Since the role of the support worker in ELC has developed significantly in the last few years in Scotland, this means lots of job opportunities in this area.
- All unit assessments are internally assessed, meaning no final exam for the full N5 course award.
- 100% pass rate (A to C) every year course has been taught – complete homework, meet deadlines, work hard in and out of class and you will gain success.