Ambition, Confidence, Happiness and Respect.
What will I be doing in S3 English?
In S3, you will be working towards becoming confident in the skills you have been building in S1 and S2. These include:
- Talking and Listening
How will English help me?
It will help me to communicate with others
English can help you to become confident in communicating with other people through:
- Working together in groups or pairs
- Sharing your views and opinions
- Listening to the opinions of others
- Working together to make presentations on a topic It will help me to build my skills in research In English you will have the opportunity to:
- Use the internet to research topics
- Learn how to select important information and make notes
- Put together projects and reports
It will help me to become confident in different types of writing For example:
- Using my imagination to write my own stories and poems
- Using my research to write reports or biographies It will open up lots of different types of reading opportunities
- Reading stories, poems and plays in class
- Reading non-fiction, such as newspaper articles, blogs and websites
- Choosing my own reading materials that interest
What will I do after S3?
In S4, you will do either National 4 or National 5 English. Your teacher will discuss this with you during your S3 studies to help get you onto the best pathway for S4.