S5-6 Practical Cake Craft
Ambition, Confidence, Happiness and Respect.
- Learning is developed through practical experience.
- Progress onto further study or employment in the catering industry leading to career – Chef/Cook, Baker, Hotel and Catering, Food manufacturing, Food science, Food photography to name a few.
- The course explains the roles of professionals looking at aspects of working in the food industry, in relation to Health and Safety and the law and the food industry.
How this course can help you
- Developing your practical skills in baking and cake finishing – let your artistic skills work with a different medium – cake decoration.
- Organisational management in preparation of cakes and baking.
- Working in a hygienic and safe way. • Lots of jobs opportunity in this area.
- Practical Project worth 70% - Showcase the skills you have developed and will learn throughout the years course work.
- Question paper 30% of the final grade - excellent pass rate, throughout the years we have been presenting this course.
- We aim to help and support you develop independent study skills/learning in this practical based course.
- Hard work but enjoyable – lots of support.
Expectations of the department
It is important that you take responsibility for your own learning, meeting homework deadlines and catching up with work missed, making full use of Teams to help. During practical lessons it is vital that you come to class on time as every second counts.