Skills for Work - Hospitality
Ambition, Confidence, Happiness and Respect.
The course (description and levels) - Why pick this course
- Will further develop your skills and understanding gained through studying in S1 & S2.
- Information gained can be extremely useful in a real-life context, and enhancing practical chef skills as well as attitudes for employability.
- Will develop great organisational skills as well as team working.
- This course progresses to National 5 level in fourth year.
- The course is roughly 60% practical 40% theory so may allow you a break from more
- We have a very supportive and experienced team who strive to ensure you always
- Have a positive learning experience.
- Help with careers in food and hospitality sector – huge job sector.
How this course can help you
- To enable candidates to proficiently use a range of cookery skills, food preparation.
- Techniques and cookery processes when following recipes.
- To select and use ingredients to produce and garnish or decorate dishes.
- To prepare learners for work in the hospitality industry, developing team-working skills.
- To plan and produce meals and present them appropriately, work safely and
- Apply health and safety & food hygiene procedures.
- Develop your communication skills and a responsible attitude to work.
Assessment in this course is mainly through performance of practical activities supported by assessor observation checklists
Unit by unit assessment – no final written exam